Live. Laugh. Love

This is the story of the Gordons through life, laughter and love.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

One month already?!?!?

Here we go! We survived a whole month! Here is my one month old in her newest favorite thing, the popasan swing! This was a favorite of Cailyn's too! I was pleasantly surprised when I first put Anslie in this a week ago and she just drifted right off to sleep! I should've known she would like it, since she is one who likes a lot of movement. When we have her in the stroller, we have to keep it moving or she will start wiggling her little arms and legs getting ready for a big cry, but then as soon as you start moving she settles right back down. When she is being held, she likes to be patted and bounced as opposed to the old school way of being held craddled in your arms. Anslie likes to have a lot of activity going on around her! She can sleep much better to music or the tv, and she quiets down as soon as you run the vaccum or the hairdryer.

Anslie is definately growing out of that newborn state. She used to just sleep, eat, sleep....now she has more periods of wakefulness. I believe she has no idea what to do with her self during those wake periods. When she is awake, I try to position so she has something to focus on, and although a toy works for a few minutes, usually she is most content with a picture on the wall or the infamous fan on the ceiling! She turns her head towards you when you speak to her, but often she just focuses her eyes towards the ceiling. I'm not sure if this is normal for this age. It's like she is looking right over our heads. Cailyn got a kick out of me telling Anslie that she won't find us hanging out on the ceiling!

We are working on head control. When we have Anslie sitting up, she does pretty good holding her own head up with a little wobbling here and there. When she is lying down, she may pick the head up about 45 degrees for a few seconds but then down it goes. She's not really a happy camper when we put her on her belly, so I have started using the boppy to practice the head lifting.
If you read the books, they say at a month they should be starting to coo and make noises in response to different things. Well, she makes noises alright! This child grunts like crazy! She grunts when she is happy, and she grunts when she is mad! LOL!
Now, we get to see some smiles when she is sleeping that I know are just reflex smiles. But there has been a couple times when I believe she smiled in response to either me, John or Cailyn speaking to her. It's those moments when you want a camera taped to your head so you can just push the button when it happens! :-)
Anslie was 7 lbs 11 oz. when she was born. She went down to 7 lbs 2 oz when we left the hospital. At one week old, we took her to the doctor and she had already gained her birth weight back plus some, at 7 lbs 13oz. This normally doesn't happen until 2 weeks. So the doctor said she didn't need to see her again until 2 months, and being that this is flu season I was completely fine with not going back unless something was wrong. But that means I don't get a good weight measurement for one month. According to our scale at home, she is up to 11 pounds! She has been gaining approximately 1 pound a week up until this week! She's our little porker! She has a lot more fat rolls then Cailyn ever did!
So I am assuming that the breastfeeding is going well! We had a week there that I was worried that my supply wasn't enough for her since she was not seeming content between feedings, but now she seems to be doing fine. John and I have concluded that maybe she had a growth spurt and my body just needed to adjust to her increase in eating. That is the tough part of breastfeeeding, it's all a guessing game! But if you could see these little fat rolls, you would know that Anslie is NOT going hungry by any means! Now, if I could just get my supply increased enough to start pumping extra off for when I go back to work, then we would be doing good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home